Monday, February 25, 2008

dinner correction

I realized that Joe is getting a bit tired of eating chicken breasts so while shopping today I got him two pork loins. One is salsa seasoned, the other is mesquite BBQ seasoned; he had the salsa one for dinner tonight and he was pleased with it. Just over half a pound, cooked in the toaster oven at 425 for 20 minutes with a 10 min rest afterwards. He was still hungry and not pleased with the asparagus so overall he could have had a better dinner. You had to use your molars to eat the asparagus. The BBQ loin is just over 1 pound so he should be filled up by that one when I cook it later this week.
Oops, I just realized that I never finished chopping up all the celery for freezing. I was using my new knife from Lee Valley Tools. Actually, I got the knife about 5 months ago but I just now got around to using it for the first time. I'll finish this one 5 pound bunch of celery up tonight and leave the other two (bigger) bunches for tomorrow.

No comments: