Thursday, October 25, 2007

followup

Donna from Quiet Life asked in reference to my post on October 11 about the dinner party menu:
What an amazing menu! It sounds wonderful. Do you always prepare that much food for a party? How is the soda with Splenda? I know nutrasweet is not good for me.

and my response is:
I am a believer in "you can't really have too much food at a gathering" so I like to keep lots of stuff on hand to quickly fill out an otherwise adequate spread. And when we go to friends' houses for food I'm always sure to bring extra food along to round things out there too - some chips & dip or some hot dogs or some vegetable side dish or dessert. Like the meal that I brought to my friend with the new baby - a bit overkill but better that than not enough food!

I don't drink any of the sodas - DH started on them back when he did Adkins - and he prefers the Splenda over any of the other sweeteners.

2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

You would be fun to have around :o)

I wish I could find that splenda pop here in Wisconsin!

Casa De Galletti said...

Hansen's should be sold in your local health food store (Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, etc) if not you can get it online http://www.hansens.com/products/products.php?subcat=1&color=soda but the case price is $1 per can. My grocery store sells it for $4 for a six-pack.

Hopefully your grocery store can get the Diet Coke w/ Splenda since it's been around since 2005.