Saturday, October 13, 2007

dirt and grime

Dirt & Grime
OK, the kids didn't get a bath before the market. Sad to say but I think that most of the dirt rubbed off in the bed during the night. And today at The Market we only got grimier so they are close to gross now and I'm not too far behind. Actually they just look like kids who have fun getting dirty. Unfortunately I took too long to get off of the sofa to make dinner so we ate at 7 and I sent them to bed without bathing AGAIN! Well, tomorrow is church and since we now go to the late service we will have plenty of time for all three of us to bathe and shower. Good thing that tomorrow is laundry day too so those sheets will get cleaned before we go to bed.
I'll have to get that done in the morning so that when we get home from church we can quickly leave for the pool - it's open from 1 to 4 on the weekends. Hopefully Roland and the kids will meet us there like last week and maybe we'll even see The J's too!

Bedtime
There's a new episode of Torchwood being recorded right now on TiVo but I can't watch it without Joe and he's out at the Georgetown Saturday Night Car Show. Maybe I'll just drink my liter of water (number 4 for the day) and my Zima (number 1 for the month), read some blogs and head to bed early tonight. These days anything earlier than midnight is early for me. Although the kids and I sleep until 7:30 and then they let me have an extra 30 alone in bed so I do get 8 hours of sleep every night, which isn't bad at all. Especially since I don't get woken up every 2 hours to nurse someone anymore - just once a night is what we are down to.

Halloween
After The Market today we went to Party City (formerly Party Pig) to get Giselle's Halloween costume, remember that we got Paul's there last Saturday. She decided to be Cinderella again this year. So so far she has been .5 - a clown, 1.5 - a flower, 2.5 - a flower, 3.5 - a fairy, 4.5 - a fairy queen, 5.5 - Cinderella and this year at 6.5 Cinderella again. So when we got home, after she did her spelling words for the day, she and Paul got to put on their costumes and play for a bit. Gosh, her costume spreads glitter EVERYWHERE! I guess that it's time for me to start buying the candy since it's only 2 weeks away. Joe, if you have any special requests you better let me know before shopping day on Monday. And yes, I'll be sure to get you some Dots! OH NO, we still haven't gotten our pumpkins! I guess that will have to be put on the master list of things to do for this coming week.

Food
Dinner last night was a horrendous hot dogs and pizza bites and tonight wasn't any better - pizza rolls, tortellini and mixed veggies. Tomorrow should be better, maybe I'll make the Beef Stroganoff then. Yeah, that's what I'll do. I'll go take the sirloin out of the freezer now so that it's thawed in time.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: