Thursday, October 11, 2007

dinner party menu

Dinner for 6 adults (4 men and 2 women) and 2 kids with additional snacking on the chips and grapes by 2 more adults and 3 more kids.

2.5 lbs Sockeye Salmon - broiled, seasoned with Old Bay Seasoning, served with melted butter
.25 lb Yellowfin Tuna - broiled, seasoned with Old Bay, served with melted butter
1.5 lbs Fresh (never frozen) Jumbo Gulf shrimp - peeled then boiled with Old Bay, served with homemade cocktail sauce
White corn tortilla chips
Jardine's smoked tomato medium salsa (thanks Chris!)
Pace Organic mild picante sauce
Tamaleo tamales - black bean, pork & chicken - steamed, served with Daisy sour cream
Some other brand hot pork tamales - steamed, served with Daisy sour cream
Central Market Organics mixed vegetables - steamed/boiled, seasoned with Spike seasoning and butter
Big round loaf of sourdough bread served with French cream butter (thanks Chris!)
Pickled okra
Pickled carrots
Pickled beets
Charles Shaw Cabernet Savingon (thanks Charles!)
Diet Coke with Splenda
Hansen's Diet Root Beer with Splenda
Frozen and refrigerated black and red organic seedless grapes

Everyone loved the food and I sent Chris home with some leftovers of the black-eyed peas and okra that I made the other night. Thomas is out of town but if he had been here there would have been enough for him too. Oh, and I forgot to put the Organic Spring Mix salad that I had in the fridge out on the table until I was getting out the grapes for dessert so that didn't get eaten at all.

3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

What an amazing menu!
It sounds wonderful.
Do you always prepare that much food for a party?

How is the soda with Splenda?
I know nutrasweet is not good for me.

Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog! Your blog is informative and cheerful!

Love that song!

poetmom said...

Dang...that all made me very hungry!:)

Steph

Casa De Galletti said...

I am a believer in "you can't really have too much food at a gathering" so I like to keep lots of stuff on hand to quickly fill out an otherwise adequate spread. And when we go to friends' houses for food I'm always sure to bring extra food along to round things out there too - some chips & dip or some hot dogs or some vegetable side dish or dessert. Like the meal that I brought to my friend with the new baby - a bit overkill but better that than not enough food!
I don't drink any of the sodas - DH started on them back when he did Adkins - and he prefers the Splenda over any of the other sweeteners.