Monday, October 15, 2007

blog action day

Today is/was blog action day - a day on which all participating bloggers (over 15,000) posted about ecology and the environment and how important it all is.

Bloggers Unite - Blog Action Day

Today in my neighborhood it was recycling day, as it is every Monday. I put out my blue bin filled with empty glass and plastic (only 1 & 2 here) bottles last night. Here's what it had in it: 1 Charles Shaw Cabernet Savingnon bottle, MANY Ozarka Spring Water bottles, 1 Zima bottle, 1 Pace Organic Picante Sauce Mild jar, Many Diet Coke w/ Splenda cans, a few root beer cans, 2 La Croix flavored water cans - one berry and one grapefruit, several baby food jars, and some assorted plastic lids. I had no yard waste to pickup, well, actually I did but I haven't put it in my reusable bin (I refuse to use those silly brown paper bags). I could have put out my brown paper bag of paper recycling but I didn't think that it was all the way full so I didn't. We had no cardboard bundled up so none of that went out either.

We did our monthly Wheatsville Co-Op shopping today and I used my own reusable canvas bags that I over stuffed to save room. At HEB I overstuffed our bags again (paper inside of plastic) so that I used fewer bags. Those bags get reused as kitchen trash bags in our house.

I condense all of my shopping and errands into one day so that I don't use the car everyday to run just one errand. Today we left the house around 11 and we: went to the post office to pick up new priority mail boxes, went to Target to get underpants and some tooth gifts, went to Sam's to get water, batteries and pretzels, went to Bark N Purr to get dog food, went to Wheatsville to get some groceries and lunch, went to Barton Creek Animal Clinic to get some Proin, went to the bank to deposit some LLL money, went to HEB to get gas, went to ballet lessons to drop Giselle off, went to HEB to do the rest of our grocery shopping and buy a grill, went back to ballet lessons to pick up Giselle, went back to HEB to get $2.88 for a coupon that the checkout guy forgot to ring up, and then came home. Tomorrow is Tuesday and we will go NO WHERE. On Wednesday we will go NO WHERE, actually this week I have a LLL Toddler Meeting so I'll do one trip that day. On Thursday this week I have a LLL PM Meeting, it's the semi-annual Couples' Meeting to go to but that's it. Friday I'll drive to the park.

Oh, my 11 year old car just turned over 100,000 miles today! In the 8 years that I've owned it I've put 64,000 miles on it with the last few years only driving about 6,000 miles a year.

I think that my carbon footprint is ok.

No comments: