Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Book Tag

The Activities Coordinator of Life on the Planet posted a book meme and tagged anyone that felt like playing along. I did so here are the rules, my results and who I'm passing this on to:

The rules are:
1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the next 3 sentences.
5. Tag 5 people.

The book I grabbed is First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind by Jessie Wise
Page 123 is Lesson 69 on pronouns and seasons.
"Instructor: What two seasons have we learned about?
Child: Winter and spring.
Instructor: The winter months are December, January and February."

I'm glad I didn't pick a Little House book to write from, that Laura Ingalls Wilder is the queen of run on sentences! I counted the words in one of her sentences in The First Four Years; it was 55 words long. Although it would have been more exciting than the quote I ended up with, I'm sure.

I'm tagging
Suzanne
Jamie
Donna
Tanya
Kelly
and the next person searching for korv stroganoff (since Rechelle won't do memes)

No comments: