Saturday, September 09, 2006

Night time

I can't believe it, the other night Paul stayed asleep from 7:30 pm all the way to somewhere around 1 am without waking to nurse! Too bad I didn't go to bed that night until 11:30 so I didn't really get the break. Although he's near the age that Giselle was when she started dropping some of her night nursings - I think that she was down to only waking 2x during the night to nurse just before Paul was born - so maybe it will start to happen more often. So it's now been a little over 5 years of nursing a kid pretty much every 2 hours, 24 hours a day (with a 3 hour break after bedtime until 10:30 - you could set a watch by him on that - no earlier than 10:20 and no later than 10:35). Fortunately they are both in bed with me so all that night nursing never seemed like much of a big deal.
I guess that I learned to accept that it's just part of life with kids with a high metabolic rate and a 12-hour sleep time of 7:30 pm to 7:30 am - heck my blood sugar freaks out if I go that long without eating or drinking so I can just imagine what it's like for a growing kid. For that same reason, I never leave home without some snacks packed in my purse, a reserve of snacks in the car and some more snacks in the water bag that also has 4 24oz bottles of water.

No comments: