Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sunshine House Surf Shop T-Shirt pictures

Last year I posted this about my Sunshine House T-Shirt. Yesteday I was going through some boxes that are about to go back up into the attic and I came across my Surf Naked pin. This morning while checking my site stats I saw that in the past 2 days that I have gotten two hits from Google searches for Sunshine house. In my ongoing efforts to increase my stats I decided to actually post some pictures of the shirt that I've had since 1982 and the re-print shirt that Joe got for me earlier this year. There is a store that is doing re-prints of the shirts, they are not the original Sunshine House tee-shirts but they still pretty neat. Oh, and my amazing friend Holly used to work at the Bethesda location of Sunshine House back in the day!



Here is my Surf Naked badge. Identify this quote and I'll send you a prize "Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' badges!"


This is the front pocket of my old shirt.


This is the front view of my old shirt. For whatever reason when I was younger, I felt compelled to cut the necks off of all of my t-shirts. Not the whole neck, just the top of the ribbed area. Yeah, I don't understand why either.


This is the back of the shirt. The bird is pretty big and covers most of the back of the shirt.


This is the front of the new shirt that Joe got for me. There's no pocket on this one. The shirt really is navy blue but with the flash it totally washed out the color. I don't usually use a flash anymore but it was the only way to get it in focus. I guess I could have taken the pictures outside but I was too lazy to do that.


And this is the back of the new shirt, in the true navy blue.

Now go and find yourself one at Chauncey's Surf Shop! The shirts aren't listed on their site but if you contact them at chaunceysurf@aol.com or call them at either 410-289-6005 or 410-289-7405 they can get you set up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Would you like to sell any of your shirts? Thanks

K

papaya9@hotmail.com

Soul Surfer said...

Thanks for posting that! It brings back some great memories. I used to shop at the one in Fair Oaks Mall. I still have some of my T&C Character stuff.

rash guard said...

Those are some great prints. They should be designing more like these.

Michel said...

That's a fab idea!! I think I'm going to give it a try with two different colors. :)

Custom T Shirt Design

Greg said...

Can you identify the name of the painting the Indian logo is based on. I thought it was Beginning of the Trail but can find no reference to it on the net.
My good friend Tony worked at both Bethesda locations as well as Fair oaks.
I had many wild t shirts from Bethesda