Friday, February 09, 2007

Sunshine House - Surf Naked

So, this evening for bedtime I put on a long-sleeved Tee that I knew would make Joe do a double-take; It's my red Sunshine House Surf Shop shirt. I got it in 1982 while at a Young Life retreat in Ocean City Maryland. Joe said that you can still find the shirts out on the web so I Googled the store and pretty much came up with nothing. In looking at all the possibilities that Google pulled up I came across this tidbit ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Jonze ) regarding Spike Jonze - that guy who did the strange videos for Fatboy Slim back in the late '90s. Evidently he grew up in Rockville/Bethesda Maryland and worked at Sunshine House for a bit. Does that count as a degree of separation? Evidently the store closed sometime between 1999 and now but that's all I could gleen from the web tidbits. Oh Well.
sorry about no hotlink to the Spike Jonze site - I'm doing this on a Mac that has an old version of Internet Explorer - evidently (according to my IT guy) the newer versions of IE are not compatible with the newer versions of OS X.


MY FOLLOW-UP ON SUNSHINE HOUSE T-SHIRTS AND HOW YOU CAN GET ONE FOR YOURSELF IS LOCATED AT THIS POST http://casadegalletti.blogspot.com/2008/04/sunshine-house-t-shirt-pictures.html

No comments: