Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Backyardigans

It's been a while since I mentioned the Backyardigans but I still love this show! I love how each episode has a musical theme and even though the songs are originals they are all of that same theme. I went to Blockbuster earlier today to pick up Marie Antoinette (2006) for Marie and I to watch tonight after my kids are in bed. I'm sure that Joe will get sucked into watching it with us! The kids were busy in the Kid and Family sections while I was picking out my movie so I didn't have to let them know what I have planned for after they go to bed. Back on track with the story - So the kids picked out some movies too. Giselle found Island Princess and every other Barbie movie ever made, Paul grabbed a Care Bears and some Veggie Tales and I picked out the original version of Doctor Dolittle and since they didn't have the old version of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs I got Cinderella (the original Disney version). I made the kids put everything back that they had picked out except for Island Princess. Then Giselle brought to me a Backyardigans movie that we hadn't seen before - Super Secret Super Spy. It has 3 'shows' on it - International Super Spy, The Secret of Snow and A Giant Problem. A Giant Problem was all 80's-style music. It's just so neat, 5 friends that live close by who meet up every day and play imagination games! How fun! And they make up their own songs while they play too!
We're watching Cinderella now; I wish we had been able to get Snow White. Doctor Dolittle is 2.5 hours long so we're going to watch that on Saturday after the Farmers Market. I sure hope that Marie Antoinette is good otherwise we'll have to find something on live TV.
What wine should we have? Georges Duboeuf or Louis Jadot or a Texas white? I'll go ahead and chill a white but I think that in honor of the French Queen we should have one of the French Beaujolais.
Kick ball at Park Day tomorrow!
What'll we have for dinner tonight? Paul says tortellini so that's what it is! With sauce and meatballs for Giselle and no sauce and no meatballs for Paul, spinach for both.

No comments: