Thursday, March 27, 2008

first mowing

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. The spring grasses and weeds finally grew tall enough to warrant me mowing the lawn. The St Augustine still hasn't gotten tall enough to mow so I could skip those areas (shh, don't tell Joe) which is a good thing since that's where the blue bonnets and evening primrose are blooming. I should water tomorrow morning since the yard does look pretty parched. Wow, I sure did sweat a lot while mowing. I drank a liter of water before mowing and 2 more after mowing. Joe's comment was that I still needed to edge. I'll get to it, LATER. Tomorrow is Park Day and I've got 2 extra kids so it's not going to happen on Friday. Maybe I'll get to it after the farmer's market on Saturday. I LOVE mowing the lawn but I'm not exactly thrilled about edging. Maybe because I had to do it all the time when I was a kid, manually.

No comments: