Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #2

My 13 Earliest Childhood Friends*
1 – Paul H (same age) – lived across the street when I was 3 & we later went to school together. My son is NOT named after him!
2 – Soraya S (older) – lived up & across the street for 13 years until they moved to the upscale custom homes on the other side of the GW Parkway. She went to Ascension Academy. She was the first person I knew that had colored contact lenses.
3 – Dominique C (same age) – lived around the corner when she was visiting her dad during the summers. Her baby brother was the first diaper I changed – he peed on us.
4 – Beth & Jay P (same age) – lived up the street but went to Saint Mary’s. We picked on their little sister a lot.
5 – Heather C (same age) – lived in another neighborhood and went to a different elementary school but we went to the same church and our moms were friends.
6 – Bill & Jim W (younger) – next door neighbors since I was 8 and Bill still lives there. We pretended that we were KISS on snow days.
7 – Anne P (same age) – lived in the neighborhood on the other side of our elementary school. We were in the same class (and the tallest ones) for most of elementary school.
8 – Joan C (same age) – lived around the corner but my mom didn’t want me to play with her (ha). I think she went to St Mary’s.
9 – Dan B (363 days older) – my brother.
10 – Suzanne B (same age) – lived down the street and around the corner but later (in jr high) moved to nearby neighborhood. Probably my first best friend after Paul.
11 – Stephanie P (same age) – lived in another neighborhood but she was in my brownie troop.
12 – Kim T (same age) – lived over in Pinewood Lake but got bused to our elementary school.
13 – Leslie H (older) – also lived in Pinewood Lake. The first slumber party I went to was at her house, there was pizza too (maybe from Shakey’s?).

* This is an incomplete list of friends acquired prior to and during the first half of elementary school. MANY others came along in the second half - so don’t scream at me Betsy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's ok sweets - we met in 5th grade so I forgive you! xoxo Bets