Sunday, June 29, 2008

rejected

As of the 18th of June I am eligible to give blood again since it's been 8 weeks since the last time. Well, today as we drove into the church parking lot there was the big ole bloodmobile sitting there. I thought "Excellent, this will save me from having to drive to Central Austin to give at the main donation center!" So I dropped the kids off at Sunday School and headed out to the bus/bloodmobile. I answered all the questions correctly but I failed the blood test. You have to have an iron count of at least 35 and I had a 34. Bummer. I guess I need to get back in the habit of popping an iron pill every day while it's 'that time of the month' to help get my count back up to the 43 that it was a year ago. That's what happens when I go off of the green juice for an extended time.

No comments: