Monday, February 09, 2009

dinner

Even after all those gummy bears (no, we didn't eat them all...yet) we still needed to eat dinner so I made the kids some excellent chicken quesadillas using the roasted chicken from The Market, some salsa, shredded Mexican cheese, slices of mozzarella cheese and fresh uncooked tortillas. I had the leftover caldo de pollo from last night, the dog had some raw turkey and after the kids went to bed I cooked up some turkey cutlets for Joe. Paul's been asking for hard boiled eggs again lately so I boiled up a dozen of them while I cooked Joe's meat. This week I'm not putting them in the back of the meat & cheese drawer. That's where I put them last week and they got frozen. It was a bit odd to eat a hard boiled egg that had slivers of ice it. It changed the texture some but they still tasted ok and that's all that mattered to the kids. But still, I'm going to be more careful this time.

No comments: