Monday, February 09, 2009

blood

I'm finally going to go give blood again this month. It's been since April of last year since I last gave and I'm feeling a bit bad about that. Since I got declined by the blood drive bus in June for having low iron I've felt a bit leery of making an appointment to go in and donate but I'm feeling OK about my levels so I think I'm good to go this time.
And by giving around Valentine's Day I'll get double points to be used for buying treats from the donation store. We got a cool GIANT backpack last year (although there's a small problem with one of the small zippers) and I'm not sure what we'll go for next; maybe a hoodie sweatshirt or another backpack.
You should consider giving blood this month too! The pint you give could mean the difference between life and death for someone in need.



EDITED TO ADD:
I just finished ordering my 1-gallon of donations commemorative mug. In another 2 years I'll be able to get the next one!

No comments: