Saturday, September 06, 2008

Exhaustion

Paul wore himself out so much on the giant bouncy/water slide thing at a birthday party this afternoon that he fell asleep in the car on the way home (7:10) and barely woke up on the trip inside. He did get up around 8 to tell me that he needed to go pee and that there was something poking him in the shoulder. I had him drink more water, go to the bathroom and go back to bed.

He did a great job at the market today trying to sell the aloe plants. I think that he actually sold 3 of them but he was disappointed that he didn't sell more. He kept trying to sell the okra but Giselle kept running him off - she was selling the okra and peppers.

Speaking of peppers, I roasted and canned up two bag-fulls on Tuesday (I already wrote about that didn't I?) and I took pictures for part of it. I got two more bags today to do the same again with them. This time I'll take pictures of the second half of the process which is what I forgot the first time around. They end up being giant-sized pimentos and WOW are they good. My favorite way to eat them is chilled with some of Full Quiver Farms' jalapeno cheese spread on them and rolled up. Mm, mm good!

The dog seems to be feeling better, maybe.

There's a mosquito flying around the kitchen. It better stay away from me unless it wants to die.

Giselle got bored at the party since she was the only girl between the ages of 3 and 35 but consequently she did an incredible job of clearing all the tables and organizing the presents and throwing away the trash - all on her own. She takes great pride in helping others (except when it's her brother and he's abused her generosity) as well as not liking to sit around doing nothing when she's bored. What a wonderful little girl!

Paul actually got OUT of the pool at the end of the bouncy water slide to go pee! That deserves a trophy!

No comments: