Thursday, June 19, 2008

it's 9:30...

It's 9:30 and still no phone call, that's a good sign.
It's not like she's never been on a sleepover - this is her 3 one - just the other 2 times were at Grace's house and Giselle is very close to Grace's mom so she felt very comfortable there. I'll keep the phone close by just in case.
Paul and I watched Cars again and had Berry Milkshakes with dinner. He was not happy about going to bed alone so I helped him out and sang him to sleep. The song that I've used as a lullaby since Giselle was first born is Deep In The Heart Of Texas. If you sing it slowly in an alto without the hand claps it makes an excellent lullaby. Then after singing it a few times through I switch to humming it. I used to hum it to Giselle while she napped in my arms as an infant. I really need to record it for them to keep.

Berry Milkshakes
1 quart of milk, partially frozen
3/4 cup of frozen blueberries
3/4 cup of frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen peaches
4 Costa Rican baby bananas
1/4 cup of honey
Blend until smooth with an immersion blender - mine is a Braun Multiquick Professional 400 watt Model 4191.
Pour into pilsner glasses with straws and drink.

No comments: