Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The day went swimingly

Giselle had a blast at camp!

Afterwards she joined Paul and I over at a friend's house where we had been playing since noon and later in the day we went swimming at their neighborhood pool - the second time swimming that day for her. Unfortunately, she decided that she was hungry and tried to take a bite out of the side of the pool and chipped her front tooth. Fortunately I had my nail file with me in my mini first aid kit and I took care of the pointy edge. We've bumped our annual dental appointment up one month and they'll look at it next week when we go in for a cleaning. We stayed at our friend's house until dinner time when we flew home to eat and get to bed. Well, I stayed up and watched Doctor Who reruns after they went to bed.

That 7 am alarm clock was a little too early for Paul.

Today after we dropped her off we went and did our shopping and then Paul went to play at a different friend's house for an hour. I went to get him at noon but ended up staying over for another 45 min, until Paul's ears stopped working.

I made us a big communal smoothie for lunch - 1.5 cups of vanilla yogurt, 1 cup of blueberries, 1 large, very ripe banana, and 1 cup of milk. When we first got home from HEB we made a batch of Jell-o. Calm down, don't worry, I didn't have a brain replacement! Claudia taught me to make it with 100% fruit juice and unflavored gelatin - that's it, only 2 ingredients! I used Kundsen's Organic Blueberry Cranberry juice this time. We're going to eat it when Giselle gets home. I guess I could make it with Agar Agar next time since that's plant based gelatin instead of animal based.

I think that Paul and I are going to go swimming before we pick up Giselle today. Gotta run.

No comments: