Monday, April 14, 2008

Just a quick check-in

Dinner ended up being some phenomenal chicken noodle soup. Yes, I'm so very not modest about my cooking when it's good; and I'm totally honest when my cooking is not up to par.
I used some turkey consume from Christmas, some diced turkey from Christmas (did I say that this was CHICKEN noodle soup, well, that's what I told the kids before I made it so that's what I still called it after I made it so as to not have a big freak out on my hands), some chicken consume, 8 oz frozen mixed veggies, some mini-lasagna noodles broken into 2-inch pieces, 1 lb of ayote squash, 2 giant cloves of garlic - pressed, 1/4 cup diced onion, 2 cubes of my frozen pesto from 2006, some Spike seasoning, some sea salt, some white pepper, some water and that's about it. The kids loved it and I forgot to take pictures, again.
Since Paul has a sore throat I gave the kids tapioca pudding for dessert.
Some how my sink is full of dishes again! Oh yeah, I changed pots for the soup halfway through and I changed out every one's bowls for wider, shallower ones so that the soup would cool off quicker.
I've got laundry going right now, I just started it so that will have me up all night. Two loads for the kids and me combined and two loads for Joe's clothes. I'll hopefully get them all put away tomorrow morning before school.
I need to stop this blogging thing and attend to the HUGE pile of give-away clothes that is engulfing a corner of the living room. I need to separate it all out now that I'm done going through all of our drawers and closets. Actually, I'm not done going through Joe's closet but that can wait another week.
On a more fun note:
Saturday night we stayed over at our dinner/birthday party friends' house until almost 3 am! The kids had fallen asleep MUCH earlier but I stayed around talking.
Holly gets here in 1 and 1/2 days!
Gotta go, the chores are calling me away!

No comments: