Friday, December 14, 2007

We feel GROSS!

So, every once in a while we eat like the supposed average American. Tonight was one of those nights. Joe went to a client's Christmas party with Thomas * while the kids and I stayed inside where it's warm and dry. Since Joe was out having 'fancy food' at the party I decided to 'treat' the kids to junk so I ordered from Domino's Pizza. We got a large hand-tossed pizza with triple black olives and double mushrooms (we had a coupon, #331) and I felt greedy due to the post on Pioneer Woman Cooks so I ordered Cinna Stix. The guy on the phone said that for just $1 more I could get a 2-liter bottle of soda so in a fit of stupidity I added on a bottle of Orange Fanta. So for dinner the kids had 2 pieces of pizza, 2 cups of orange soda (diluted w/30% water), and 1 piece of dough covered with cinnamon sugar and fake butter. I had 1 piece of pizza, 1 cup of orange soda mixed with one Zima, and 6 pieces of dough covered with cinnamon sugar and fake butter. And now all 3 of us feel so gross that it's just disgusting. I don't see how people can eat like this on a regular basis.

Tomorrow night we're all going to a Christmas party together (in separate cars) in the freezing cold (and this time I'm not exaggerating - the low tomorrow night is supposed to be 31 degrees).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your household schedule with me. Your open house post is too cute. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. Julie homeschoolblogger.com/jab300