Sunday, June 10, 2007

Finally

We went peach picking after church today - the peaches were not ripe enough for me so we'll go back on Tuesday. We got $13 worth so it wasn't a total loss walking around a peach orchard for an hour at 3:30 in the afternoon on a hot sunny day.
And we FINALLY made it to the pool - for the first time since October! We went at 5 and met up with Marie & DH and kids. While there we saw our neighbor with her daughter Jessie who is one of Giselle's best friends. AND we saw our Summer Friends - Patsy & DH and Leia and Kaya - who we haven't seen since the beginning of September!!! Leia is still 2 teeth ahead of Giselle on the loosing side but Leia's top teeth still haven't come in while Giselle's are all the way in - Leia is Giselle's tooth buddy.
Gosh I've missed going to the pool, we are definately going to be there almost every night this Summer!
I started dinner at about 1 this afternoon - I stuck some frozen fresh purple hulled peas (black eyed peas), some frozen fresh okra, a can of tomatoes, some brown rice, half a slice of bacon, green garlic, sweet onions and a bit of dried oregano and sea salt into the slow cooker (the very same one that my sister Cea gave me when I graduated from High School). When we got home from the pool at 7:20 it was ready to be put into bowls with a big dollop of Daisy on top and the kids loved it. I think I'll be using it a lot this summer along with the delay start function on the new oven.
This is shaping up to be a GREAT Summer!
Vacation Bible School starts tomorrow...

Side note to Suzanne - the pool water makes the itch of my chigger bites go away.

No comments: