Saturday, May 12, 2007

Why no Park Day yesterday

I had just finished doing all the bills (because before we go to the park and play all day we have to have our chores done) - envelopes sealed but not stamped - and I left them on the kitchen table with the kids. Giselle was doing her schoolwork and Paul was sitting and being 3. I went into the office to shred a folder full of paperwork. I was doing the last piece of paper when Giselle comes in and says to me "Paul and I were playing and we accidentally tore up some of your papers" "WHAT papers?" "The envelopes with the pieces of blue paper in them." And then she and Paul ran and hid in the bedroom closet. I went into the kitchen and saw the torn checks (the previously mentioned pieces of blue paper), payment slips and envelopes laying about on the table. After assessing the damage, I went into the bedroom, opened the closet door and calmly said "You will not get to go to the park today." And so that's why we weren't there. It wasn't a miserable day but we all would have rather been at the park!

No comments: