Sunday, December 10, 2006

Trail of Lights 5K



Last night's 5k is now over. We made a point to get there early so that we were part of the first folks to cross the start line - I felt that we lost a lot of time each year slogging through the walkers - and we crossed it within the first 20 seconds of the start (special thanks to Kathy for lending me her double jogging stroller!).

At mile marker 1 I was keeping a 12 min mile but by mile 2 I had dropped to a 13 min average. I ended with a time of exactly 42 min which I was content with due to the fact that I haven't 'trained' since I ran the TOL 5k last year. Oh and when I say ran I mean walk really fast - I don't care for the pounding that jogging does to my body so I walk really fast with a little trotting now and then. But since we finished relatively earlier than usual I fully expected there to be bananas left when we finished BUT NOOOOOO! We saw people eating them but they were all given out! What's the deal? EVERY year they run out of bananas within the first 45 min and I REFUSE to eat those nasty ham & cheese, chicken salad, pimento salad, & turkey & cheese sandwiches that they offer. The cookies were all gone too. My only option AGAIN was to eat a whole bunch of candy canes while the kids had some kisses and canes. They could at least make PB&J sandwiches for us vegetarians but of course they don't. So once again I left the race feeling stiffed somehow.

The lights were OK, you know, for as much money as Dell makes from this town they sure could do a better light display, especially in their designated section!

No comments: