Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Praying Manti

The first of our 2 Chinese Praying Mantis egg sacks hatched today!
So, we're in the middle of school, I think we were just finishing History (Story of the World Volume 2), and all of a sudden Giselle shouts out "It's hatching!  My praying mantis egg is hatching!!"  After staring at it for a few minutes, we decide that it'd be better to let them all hatch out outside in freedom instead of in the mesh cage.  It took quite a while for them all to hatch.  I got some weeding done in the meantime.  The instructions said that from 20 to 200 would hatch, I think we got the 200 one!  Hopefully Paul's has just as many inside when it hatches in another few days. 
I took pictures but they were so tiny and almost see-through so they didn't photograph very well.  Not that that's stopped me from posting pictures before.  It's mainly that I didn't feel like downloading them onto the computer.

No comments: