Wednesday, September 09, 2009

POTUS was homeschooled!

Check out this quote from President Obama's speech yesterday:

"When I was young, my family lived in Indonesia for a few years, and my mother didn’t have the money to send me where all the American kids went to school. So she decided to teach me extra lessons herself, Monday through Friday – at 4:30 in the morning.
Now I wasn’t too happy about getting up that early. A lot of times, I’d fall asleep right there at the kitchen table. But whenever I’d complain, my mother would just give me one of those looks and say, "This is no picnic for me either, buster."



Let's look at the stated facts: she taught him herself, every day for 2 hours before he went to the local school and before she went to work. Sounds like homeschooling to me!

Read the transcript yourself if you don't believe me! I had to since I couldn't believe my ears when I heard him say it during the speech! http://www.whitehouse.gov/MediaResources/PreparedSchoolRemarks/

No comments: