Monday, January 19, 2009

teeth

In honor of Paul's 5th birthday last week his 2nd bottom 6-yr old molar has made it's appearance. The first one broke through around the beginning of December. I know, you're saying "6-yr old molars? But he just turned 5! That's so soon!" But see you have to keep in mind that while Giselle was a bit early with cutting her first tooth at 4.5 months and loosing her first tooth at 5 yrs 4 months (although the permanent tooth had come in a month earlier), Paul cut his first tooth when he was a mere 3 months and 10 days old. And to totally blow the myth out of the water that you can't nurse a kid once they get teeth - I continued to nurse him for an additional 3 and 1/2 years.

He's been grinding his teeth at night a lot lately, which I know from Giselle is a sign that teeth are coming in, but I expected that it was because he was going to be loosing his baby teeth soon. I didn't really expect those molars yet. I do help him to brush his teeth but I brush his whole gums, whether he has teeth there or not and his mouth is full of toothpaste foam so I hadn't noticed that first molar until it was all the way cut through last month. This other one cut through the gum a few days ago.

I guess we better get a tooth box made for him quickly since I expect teeth to be coming out soon, not just coming in. Giselle's bottom canine teeth are wobbly, she's glad about that.

Back to school.

No comments: