Wednesday, December 03, 2008

new books

I got my six new books today from Amazon. The most important one is the new Vicki Courtney book, 5 Conversations you MUST have with your daughter. I'm probably going to stay up late tonight to start reading it.
The other 5 books that I got are:
  • Your Girl: raising a godly daughter in an ungodly world By Vicki Courtney
  • Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets every father should know By Meg Meeker, MD
  • Your Boy: raising a godly son in an ungodly world By Vicki Courtney
  • Raising Cain: protecting the emotional life of boys By Dan Kindlon, PHD and Michael Thompson, PHD
  • Boys should be boys: 7 secrets to raising healthy sons By Meg Meeker, MD

Because, it's not just our daughters that are being fed all the trash in the world today, it's our sons too. Who do you think is buying those "Girls Gone Wild" videos and thinking that they are an example of how a girl is 'supposed to be'? As much as I want my daughter to respect herself and others, I want my son to do the same. I expect that the parents of my future son-in-law and daughter-in-law are doing the same thing since that's what my kids will be looking for in a life-partner. Love, honor and respect.

You still have plenty of time to get your copy of 5 Conversations You MUST Have With Your Daughter and sign up to join in the online book club; do it now.

No comments: