Tuesday, August 12, 2008

WOW!

This evening Joe took the kids and me Jet Ski-ing out on the lake for the first time. Well, it was the first time ever for the kids and the first time in 15 years for me. 'Uncle' Chris came along with his Ski to join in the fun and Christian was with us too.




Giselle and Joe were the first to go out on the Bombardier Sea-Doo, aka The Couch. She and Paul both were driving this themselves by the end of the evening; Joe or I was still sitting behind them but they were doing the steering and throttle themselves. WAY TO GO!


And here is Paul and 'Uncle' Chris on Chris' Ski. Paul climbed on and stood right up like he'd been doing it for years. I guess all that practice pushing the shopping cart has paid off.

Speaking of standing up, when it was my turn on one of the stand-up Skis, I tooled around kneeling for a few minutes, then went to a half stand for another minute and then stood on up. I blasted around the lake for 10 min or so then came in with wiggly arms. I never fell, not even once. Not bad for my first time riding in 15 years! The grown boys were impressed and I was proud of myself. Of course there were no pictures of THAT!

We'll be sure to do this again SOON! Paul couldn't stop yelling "This is SO AWESOME!" the whole time and Giselle never stopped smiling. Paul found a rusty open-end box wrench and Giselle found a LOT of pretty rocks that she brought home.

WOW!

Thanks Joe! We could call that a 20th anniversary gift and I'd be satisfied just fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That, my girl, was a good day. Looking forward to many.

And yes, the big boys were proud of ya!!

uncle chris

Carla said...

fun fun fun! We never get tired of playing or exploring do we?

cstatman said...

does my dear and close friend "uncle" chris seem more "buoyant" now than 20 yrs ago??? OH! so am I! :D