Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tapioca Pudding Re-dux

We made tapioca pudding again yesterday but this time I put some pureed ginger into the milk when I added the tapioca balls (I just read what I typed and first I had typed 'garlic' instead of 'ginger' - now THAT would have been gross!). I had a feeling that doing so would help infuse the balls with some flavor and I was correct. I waited until AFTER the tapioca had totally cooled before I added the strawberry puree (again) and this time it stayed red instead of turning slightly brown like last time. I added so much that it's too fruity for Giselle (TOO FRUITY? Who's kid is this?) but Paul is really enjoying it.

Paul fell asleep on the way home from the grocery store yesterday (6 pm) and slept through until 1:30 when he needed to go pee and I reminded him that he hadn't eaten supper. So we got up and he ate his cold spaghetti w/ sauce and a whole lot of tapioca pudding. He had some more for breakfast this morning until Giselle told on him and I made him put it away.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I had tapioca once when I was a kid and it made me think of boogers suspended in snot. Once that picture entered my head, I couldn't give it an honest try ever again.

But, um, yeah, that sounds good. Good cooking there. :D