Monday, August 04, 2008

meatballs

Paul is helping me make meatballs this morning while Giselle sits on the sofa reading her book about a pioneer girl making the trek to Oregon in the 1860's. Homeschooling at it's best!
Next time I'll make her take the pictures while Paul and I cook.

My Meatball Recipe (this time)
1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground Jersey bull (the last of him)
1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
about 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
5 cloves of garlic put through the press
1/4 cup of Italian seasoning ground in my hand
a bit of salt
lots of freshly ground pepper (on fine)
1 egg
about 3/4 cup of grated and crumbled Parmesan cheese

Paul mixed together all the ingredients in a large bowl except for the meat. When it was all mixed I put the meat in and combined by hand until fully incorporated. Then Paul and I made 1-inch balls by hand and put them on the toaster oven tray that was lined with parchment paper (parchment paper is one of the greatest inventions of all time!). I'm cooking them in the toaster oven on 450 for 10 min and boy are they sizzling away! First tray is done, time to transfer them to the cooling rack, make more balls and get the second load in the oven.

Once this is done we can start on spelling.

this made 138 aproximately 1-inch meatballs

No comments: