Thursday, July 31, 2008

Viewer Mail!

Carla said...
how do you freeze melons?
July 27, 2008 8:11 PM

I say:
I scrub them clean, then peel them, then cut I cut each one in half and scoop out the seeds. Then I cut each half in half and then cut each quarter into slices. Then I put them on a rimmed baking pan (formerly known as a cookie sheet to me) in one and 1/2 layers and stick them in the freezer until they are hard (usually overnight or two). When the are frozen I take the pans out and set them on the counter to thaw for a bit so it's easier to separate them. After they have thawed enough so that my hands don't stick to the pans, I take them off the trays and put them into 1-gallon freezer bags and store them in the freezer for use over the next year.
YUM!

3 comments:

Carla said...

Carla says: Thank you! Do you thaw them to eat-or eat them frozen?

Casa De Galletti said...

the kids will eat them frozen but we have sometimes thawed them for fruit salad. The usual way is to chuck them into the blender with some milk to make fruit-milk.

Carla said...

I will try this-thank you so much!