Saturday, July 12, 2008

not for us

The kids now know that not all packages addressed to Joe are really FOR Joe - sometimes they are for me/them. And we've gotten so many packages lately that they automatically think that it's for them when when it's addressed to Joe.
So there were 2 packages laying on the front porch when we got home from The Market and when they saw that one was for Joe they got ALL excited, "Mama, there's a package for us! It says 'Joe' but I just know it's for us!" The other one was for our friend Chris but that just confused them. Unfortunately for the kids, I haven't bid on or won any auctions in the last week so I knew it wasn't for us. "Sweetie, I haven't won anything so it's not full of Pokemon cards or action figures or Playmobil. It really IS for Daddy." They had the saddest looks on their faces after that.
They don't realize how much Pokemon stuff I have stashed away.

No comments: