Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hiking

This week we went for a hike in the front 25. Paul didn't listen to me when I told him that he needed to wear socks with his cowboy boots so he got blisters. The socks are to protect from blisters and the boots are to protect from snakes. I wore my rain boots since my Ropers still aren't broken in all the way - they're ONLY 15 years old. We had fun, except for the blisters, and the plants that we picked are still alive in water.
Yesterday we went on another hike, this time at the park. It was just a short one to check if the creek had retained any water from the Dolly rain. It hadn't. The rocks were wet on the bottom but the tops were already dried out and flaky with dried mud. It was so much fun last year playing in the flooded creek each week that we really wish it could be full again.

I gotta unpack the produce from The Market and take care of this case of Costa Rican Indian melon. Gayla brought me her last pound of ground pork so now I can make another batch of meatballs - Giselle is delighted since she LOVES my meatballs.

No comments: