Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes

So the other day I got an email newsletter from Cook's Illustrated and it had a video recipe for blueberry pancakes listed. I watched it with the kids and they immediately decided that we'd (I) would be making them for breakfast the next day. So Monday morning I made the BEST blueberry pancakes that I've ever made. We ate them naked for breakfast and lunch (the pancakes, not us). The next time that I make them, which will be soon, I'll add some cinnamon into the batter and maybe a touch more sugar.

Oh, and if you ever need to make substitute buttermilk because you don't have any on hand and choose to make it using 1 TBS of lemon juice in 2 cups of milk. Well, don't use lime juice instead if you don't have any lemon juice. Trust me on this, I know. The milk didn't thicken like it was supposed to so the cooked pancakes were a little thinner than the should have been. I bought plenty of pure lemon juice when I was at Wheatsville on Monday so this won't be happening ever again. I'm sure you're thinking "Why can't you just get one of those big green bottles from HEB?" Well, HEB doesn't carry the Santa Cruz Organic Lemon Juice that I use. They don't even carry another brand of organic lemon juice and I had used up all of mine during the liver cleanse that I did last month. But it's all OK now!

No comments: