Monday, April 07, 2008

Strawberries

Sorry to post and run but I've got 32 pintss of strawberries to wash, hull and process in one way or another before I go to bed this evening.
Yes, I said 16 POUNDS of fresh organic strawberries that I bought at HEB today. I know, I'm only supposed to be buying locally and these were grown in Mexico ... But HEB IS a Texas company and I went to my second closest store and Mexico is less than 4 hours away by car. And, most importantly, they were on sale for $1.97 for each 2 pint container. Yes, I paid 98 and a half cents per pint for organic strawberries! I know - overhead, underpaid Mexican workers (at least they weren't illegals!), etc - I told you, I'm not proud of what I did but DANG! I got 16 pounds of fresh organic strawberries for $31.52!
Gotta get back to hulling!

EDITED AT 10:41 TO ADD:
If I could read, I would be deadly. Each container is 2 dry pints which equals 16 oz which equals 1 pound. But it's still a screaming deal!!!

No comments: