Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Crawfish 2008 part 2

On Sunday afternoon we took last week's crawfish down to one of our local creeks and let them go. Only 4 out of the roughly 16 crawfish had died over the week so about a dozen happily entered their new home. It's chock-a-block full of minnows and tadpoles (Yes, I watch a lot of Steve Irwin) so they'll have plenty to eat.
Today we bought 2 pounds of them, these guys are a little bigger than last weeks were - as you get further into the season they get bigger at the store. One is the cutest little teenager one - he's only 2 inches long - I picked him out cause I want that little guy to make it back into the wild next week. They're out in the pool.
I gotta go to bed - my upper back is killing me from taking care of all of those strawberries.
I just realized that once again I forgot to take any pictures!

Blogger keeps wanting me to call them craYfish but I refuse!

No comments: