Friday, March 28, 2008

new computer alert!

Joe brought me home a new (to me) laptop yesterday and I'm using it right now to try it out! It's an HP Pavilion and it blows my 2001 Gateway laptop away. Since it's new-ish, the battery still holds a charge so I'm actually cordless in the living room - I haven't been able to do that for over a year. Thanks old man, I think that this is a keeper (and so are you)! See, Joe just recently noticed how much gray hair is showing up in his auburn colored facial hair, thus the 'old man' comment. It's about time that your goatee started matching the amount of gray in my hair. Now I'm not the only one that looks like I'm over 40 years old.

I'm not sure about this touchpad thing though. I'll use it when I'm not plugged in but I think that for regular use I'll still use the mouse. Then again, I thought that I'd never give up my trackball and I dumped that for a scroll mouse that looks like a ladybug a few months ago. Maybe I'll convert someday. But the kids will have to still use a mouse - I don't want any grimy fingers all over it. Unless of course they are using MS Paint, then they can use the touch pad. I guess that the old Gateway will become the school computer - most of our educational software is PC only and Paul will start using the Edmark ones this fall for preschool. I'm thinking that this fall is going to go really well for schooling; I think that Giselle is feeling confident in her abilities and I've planned a fairly light school schedule for the summer. Paul will be ready to play with Jaden every day after school just like Giselle plays with Jessi each day. Paul in preschool, Jaden in kindergarten, Jessi in 1st grade, Giselle in 2nd/3rd. I see a lot of trips to the library in our future. Speaking of which, we've got a homeschool field trip coming up next month to the local public library. And I think we are supposed to have a field trip to the local natural gardening center soon too. When was the last time we went to the zoo?
I'm going to bed - it's 12:30 and Joe's watching Battlestar Galactica which I can't stand.

The new season of Dr Who starts Friday April 18!!

No comments: