Sunday, January 27, 2008

grilling

Per Paul's request we are grilling for dinner tonight since it's 70 degrees outside right now.
The kids want hot dogs w/ buns. For the grown-ups (Thomas and Bobby will be joining us) I've got beef cutlets, pork shoulder steak and fajita chicken breasts and thighs. I'm sure that the kids will want some meat too so I'm cooking plenty. I just hope that it all thaws out in time - I really dislike trying to cook meat that is still a bit chilly in the middle. Hmm, what will be the sides? I've got plenty of okra in the freezer so maybe I'll stew up some of that with tomatoes. Maybe a small batch of spaghetti with pesto. And a 16 oz pkg of mixed peas, carrots, corn and green beans too.
It sounds like I've got loads of food, why don't you come on over and join us? If you do come, would you be so kind as to bring a bag of corn for me to add into the okra and tomatoes? I think that would add just the right crunch to the mix.

No comments: