Wednesday, October 10, 2007

a 7th and a 1st

Giselle lost her 7th tooth today. She's been working on it for a while and it was really starting to bug her - she couldn't eat her cereal this am because it kept getting in the way. This afternoon we were on our way home from the new Auditorium Shores Water Fountain Park which we were exploring with Sara & Saul when we stopped at Taco Bell for lunch (at 2:30 pm). Giselle said to only get her the cheesy fiesta potatoes, refried beans and rice but not the 7-layer burrito because of her tooth. So I place our order, drive up to the window and I'm about to pay the guy when Giselle shouts "My tooth came out, my tooth came out!". I said to her "I guess that you want that 7-layer burrito after all, huh?" and she said "Of course I do!". So we added it on and she devoured as soon as we got home.

This evening I watched Marie's kids while she went out and celebrated one of her brothers' birthday. They got home early - 8:40 - and the kids were all still up so I continued reading Farmer Boy to them. Then Grace asked her mom if Giselle could spend the night since they were already in their pajamas. Marie said yes since I was planning on bringing Giselle over in the morning to do school together. I called Joe and he said yes, so Giselle is currently at her very first sleep-over! She's spending her first night away from me EVER! We HAVE slept in separate beds before while on vacations but always in the same room, never in different rooms and never in different houses. It'll be just me and Paul in the big king bed - I might go to bed early just so that I can enjoy it for longer.

I'll miss her in the morning, breakfast won't be the same without her!

No comments: