Wednesday, September 26, 2007

new roof

Ladies and Gentlemen,
We have a new roof! It's Forest Green and it looks FABULOUS!
If I wasn't too lazy to download, edit and upload a picture or 6 I would show you pictures. Instead, here is a picture from Sacramento of what the shingles look like actually installed on a real house. I'm serious, EVERYONE should have a green roof if you live in a treed area - it makes the house just disappear into the trees kind of like a tree house.
Thomas just laughed at me for being too lazy to upload pictures but yet still finding a link with a good picture.
Fine, I'll post pictures tomorrow and I promise that you will LOVE it.






The shingles used on this roof were ELK 40-year Prestique 1 High Definition Dimensional Asphalt Shingles in Forest Green.


Look at how it just blends into the trees, kind of like a gnome home!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful roof! And the color really adds to its aesthetic value. It creates a more environmental impression on your house. It’s been years now, how’s your roof so far? I hope it’s still in good condition. Proper maintenance is always the key if you want your roof to last for years. Anyway, I’m happy that you love how your roof turned out. :)

Noreen Mayweather

Unknown said...

It really looked great! The roof color complemented well with your surroundings. Nice choice for materials, by the way. I read that asphalt shingles can last up to 50 years if properly maintained, that’s why I chose this material when I had my roof repaired last year. Years have passed, I’m sure that your roof is still in good shape.

Willene Fagen

Elizabeth said...

Not a bad choice for a roof shingle! Better than any other, even. Though nothing beats the maximum years of warranty, which is the 50 year warranty, as what Willene mentioned. Still, the 40-year warranty would give you years of relief from any leaks as long as you keep it well-maintained.

Elizabeth Hoffnung