Sunday, August 19, 2007

I don't care about the conditions, who would actually let their kid go do this?

It's appalling to me what people will do just to get themselves or their children 15 minutes of fame. A CBS Reality Show Draws a Claim of Possible Child Abuse .
I assume that the producers were looking for some Lord Of The Flies type situations to occur but I just can't believe that a parent would willingly ship their 8 to 15 year old kid off to be on a television shoot for 6 weeks. If my kid were a movie star, I'd still insist on being at the set every day. I can only guess that these parents held some secret hope that their child would get 'discovered' from the show and go on to be a rich and famous actor in Hollywood.

I guess that it shouldn't really surprise me, especially after reading Dr Laura's latest blog post on how little value couples put on children these days when ranking the keys to happiness in a marriage. Read the post here: http://www.drlaura.com/blog/2007/08/09/is-marriage-becoming-just-independent-roommates-with-sex/

Sunday Seven later today.

No comments: