Tuesday, August 14, 2007

delayed summer

Well now that the rain has gone away Summer has returned. It's not a psycho summer like my friend Holly is getting in DC, it's just normal August weather - sunny and 99 to 103 degrees. I love it and totally missed it for the last 2 months. But the one nice thing about the previously unusually cool and wet summer is that we still have lightning bugs around! Now usually they're long gone by the time that June arrives so having them still be here in August is AMAZING! I love sitting here in the living room and seeing them flash outside the front windows. Did you know that they continue to glow even after they're dead? Well they do!

Oh, and the baby Red-Headed Woodpecker that was being raised in our front tree flew the nest 2 days ago so we no longer hear him squaking all day long. I sure hope that they keep reusing that nest over and over again - I really loved having them living there.

No comments: