Monday, July 23, 2007

My tan is suffering

You know, I started out this summer with such high hopes of going to the pool all the time and getting to actually swim since Paul is much more confident in the water. Unfortunately the El Nino (not my son, the weather system) has totally blown that out of the water (I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a pun or not) and we haven't been able to go to the pool more than once a week because it's ALWAYS raining!!!!!!
We went yesterday evening for 2 hours had a blast and were excited to return again tonight but somehow a 20% chance of rain became 70% which turned into 100% while we were finishing our shopping in HEB. By the way, the power went out for 30 min while we were shopping - it was totally cool to shop in the dark! The kids went over to the toy aisle and got some fun flashlights and we had fun finishing up our shopping. But back to the rain, it's been raining ever since 4 this afternoon and I just checked NOAA weather and there's a 30% or better chance of rain every day this week now. Yesterday's report said it was supposed to be clear for the week.

While at WalMart today I bought us a Rival Ice Cream Maker. Someone on another blog had just bought a higher-end one the other day so when I saw this one that makes 4 quarts for only $17.98 (cheaper than the ball one that you roll around that only makes 1 quart) I said "Hey kids, we're getting an ice cream maker!" and they said "Yea!!!!" So after we got home from HEB we made a batch of vanilla/cinnamon ice milk. Unfortunately I never labeled the cream and buttermilk when I froze them last year so I couldn't tell which was which to add cream to the recipe. While waiting for the ice cream to cure we had broiled fresh tuna and mixed veggies for dinner. This was the first time that the kids had eaten fresh tuna and they really liked it; Giselle said that we should get some every week on shopping day and I think that we will. If you haven't tried it yet, Clif Bar has a new flavor out - Blueberry crunch - it's kid approved!
So also at WalMart I got myself a stand for my laptop computer. I'm not sure that I like it - it raises the keyboard up 4 inches and I'd be happier with just 2. Maybe I'll take the legs off or maybe I'll return it; it was the 2nd most expensive item I bought today at $14.98.
I'm bored so I'm going to go eat some of my ice cream while I wait for Joe to come home from eating out with friends. Maybe we'll go to the pool between thunderstorms tomorrow.

No comments: