Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What I've won

So Antique Mommy posted about the only thing that she's ever won and asked us if we had ever won anything. Here's my answer that was too big to leave as a comment on someone else's blog.


In 1981 I painted a picture that won a National art contest. I got a gold key lapel pin.

In 1986 I filled out a TON of entry forms at a record store (Record World) and I won a Sony Watchman. In those early days of high tech it was just a black-and-white thing with a micro-sized screen but nobody else had one and it was totally cool.

In 1988 I won the heart of my wonderful husband! SCORE!

In 1993 I won a total of $350 playing scratch-off cards in the Texas Lotto.

In 1994 I won $93.70 in a radio contest (I did the best fake 'O').

In 1997 I won airfare, hotel and tickets for 2 to go see U2 in concert (the Popmart tour) at the Toronto Skydome in Canada from that same radio station. We had 5th row seats and were close enough to see how short Bono actually is, although his charisma makes him seem 7 feet tall.

In the baby lottery of 2001 I was the recipient of a wonderful baby girl.

In the baby lottery of 2004 I was the recipient of a wonderful baby boy.

In 2004 I won a nursing pillow at a local Quintessence Breastfeeding Challenge.

In retrospect, I'm due for another win soon so I better start filling out those forms again.

No comments: