Tuesday, June 12, 2007

VBS day 1

I'm way too anal retentive to ever volunteer at Vacation Bible School, unless of course I was going to be the one in charge. That's all I'm saying about that!

While Giselle had her first day of something even remotely resembling public school, Paul and I went to Wal-Mart to buy some diapers, at least that's what we were supposed to buy. Instead we left with a package of 7 size 4 underpants for Paul (and after doing laundry this evening (it was supposed to be done yesterday) I see that I SHOULD have bought a package for his Daddy too (obviously in a larger size)), a 3-pack of sport bras for me (they are pink, yellow and orange so I couldn't pass them up), a pretty tank top since all of mine shouldn't come from Old Navy, and a pair of over-sized movie star sunglasses to wear at the pool (I feel very Sophia Loren when I wear them). Giselle doesn't care for them but I explained that Mommy can't be getting wrinkly eyes from squinting at the pool every day and I'm not going to return them no matter what she says. Paul and I also got our HEB shopping done and picked up Giselle on time. We went home, ate lunch, I paid bills and made important phone calls and produced the weekly cash report and by 3:15 we were ready to head for the pool. I loaded up a bag of Russian Black Plum tomatoes to take over to Marie's house and we headed out. We got to the pool just before 4 and stayed until 6:30. We left early because 1) all our friends had all left to go home to eat and 2) the kids had been bugging me for the last week to go eat Asian food and tonight seemed like a good chance to go. My new sunglasses worked fantastically (although Marie says that I need to get a better brand so that I don't get melanoma on my eyes) and I'm very pleased with my purchase as they double well as goggles when the kids decide to splash me in the face full force for 5 minutes at a time.
Dinner was good, my favorite food item is no longer on the menu and there was nothing on the buffet that appealed to me so I asked if they could still make the Hot & Spicy Bean Curd that I loved to get from them; they said yes! I guess that I'll have to use the shrimp that I was thawing out for another night. Maybe linguine with a shrimp cream sauce for dinner on Tuesday, yep, that sounds good. Except that Paul doesn't like shrimp, oh, I'll just pick his out and give them to Giselle. Oh, I know, I'll go by HEB and get 1/4 lb of salmon and cook that with the shrimp so that Paul and I can have salmon with our pasta and Giselle (and Joe?) can have the shrimp with theirs.
Oh it's late, I gotta get to sleep since I'm mowing the lawn in the morning after I drop Giselle off.
Thanks Joe for getting the trash out - I hear you doing that right now!

No comments: