Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Summer School

So two weeks ago when the public schools got out for the Summer (Thursday, May 24) Giselle asked me if she was going to get summer vacation from school too. I looked at her and said "Well let me put it this way, If we did school 6 hours a day 5 days a week for 9 months of the year then yes I would let you have the summer off. But we do school for 1 or 2 hours 6 days a week so you will not get the summer off. Now, if you want to go to school for 6 hours every day then I'd be happy to give you the summer off!" She wisely said "No thanks, I'll stick with what we're doing now!"
So, our Summer schedule is this:
Wake up whenever (somewhere between 7 and 8)
Everyone eats breakfast (dog included)
Take the dog for a long walk
Play outside until school starts at 10
School from 10 to 12
Lunch
Do anything we feel like indoors until 2 (unless more time is needed for school)
Do anything we feel like outdoors until it's time to start dinner
Watch TiVo while I make dinner
Eat dinner about 6:30
In bed by 7:30, story time and asleep shortly thereafter

On Saturday we do school while at The Market
On Sunday there's Sunday School and then Religious shows TiVo
On Monday we do school in the car and in the grocery stores

Hey, this is AMAZINGLY similar to our schedule the rest of the year!

No comments: