Thursday, May 17, 2007

going back in time

Last night for dinner I used up the cooked whole wheat fusilli pasta (half of a 1 lb uncooked package). I heated up another piece of Buddy's Natural Chicken Sausage, peeled and sliced it. Then I put the cold pasta in the pan, poured my homecanned sauce on top and added in the sausage. The kids ate all their's up and Joe ate all the leftovers after they went to bed.
Here's the kicker - I actually used the microwave oven to reheat Joe's portion. Now I will probably never use it on any of my food, but since Joe went to the effort to install the thing I figure that I should at least use it from time to time on his food. Oh, using the correct settings for the auto-cook function it took just as long to reheat the pasta in the microwave as it would have taken on the stove. So the only time saved was the time it would have taken me to clean the pot I would have had to use if I reheated it on the stove. But that IS better than it taking longer than using the stove.

No comments: