Monday, May 14, 2007

Dinner last night on the new stove

To make dinner last night I used the new stove for the first time.
I know, you're saying "What, why did you have to make dinner? It's Mothers Day, you're not supposed to have to cook." And to that I respond "Having worked in the food service industry I know for a fact that Mothers Day is the BUSIEST restaurant day of the year. I am NOT going to subject myself and my family to having to deal with that when we can eat a perfectly good high quality meal quietly (well, it's quieter than at a restaurant) at home." We'll go out later this week, probably use one of our 5 gift certificates for the Satellite Cafe.

Our Menus for Mothers Day:
Breakfast
Cereal w/ milk followed by cookies from the Farmers Market
Lunch
Leftover refried beans mixed with salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, and diced nopalitos (that's prickly pear cactus for you folks not near Mexico)
Fresh cottage cheese
Dinner
Sauteed green beans (butter, Spike, salt & pepper)
Risotto (brown rice, milk, water, fresh basil, fresh oregano, sweet onion slices, garlic/basil cream cheese, garlic juice, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper)
Beef cutlets (Lawry's salt, salt, fresh ground pepper)

Farmers Market food at every meal

No comments: