Monday, February 05, 2007

TOTALLY BYPASSING THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE, GOV PERRY PRETENDS THAT HE IS KING

Texas Gov. orders anti-cancer vaccine - Yahoo! News

This is crap! Heaven forbid people just teach their kids to have safe sex, but that would mean that we teach our kids about birthcontrol and we CAN'T have that happening because that would just encourage them to have sex. YES, it's MUCH better to just give them a shot that will keep them 'safe' if they have unprotected sex. Just like that Hep B vaccine that protects them incase they have unprotected or anal sex with an IV drug user. Yep, I'll be jumping right out to get those 2 vaccines for my kids, NOT!!!
Here's Mercola's take on the issue (note: I don't agree with about a third of any of Mercola's views on anything)
http://www.mercola.com/2007/jan/27/more-states-considering-hpv-vaccine-requirement.htm
And here is a Letter To The Editor of The Washington Post because DC is proposing the same law http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/30/AR2007013001579.html

2 comments:

Lara said...

This issue bothers me so much. Gardasil is so new. There is no way to really know what kind of long term dangers may come along with this partial protection against cervical cancer (I'd love to know how Merck gets away with characterizing Gardasil as a total cure when it is not...) It hasn't been that long since Merck's FDA approved Vioxx was shown to be extremely dangerous. What if, years from now, we learn Gardasil causes problems like heart difficulties or even infertility? How dare the government mandate something so potentially dangerous?

Jamie said...

Wow! I'm shocked at the controversy over this. Before reading this post, I just thought it was another vaccine. I mean, there are already so many mandated vaccines for kids, so what could one more hurt? Plus, I thought it might actually be a good sign that the govn't was finally taking some interest in the health of young girls for once.

I guess I need to take a hard look at the vaccine because I was under the impression that it is total protection against HPV. In fact, I just asked my OB/GYN if I should get it. She told me "no" unless I thought my husband was going to cheat or unless I thought I was going to go through a divorce anytime soon. (since neither of those is going to happen, I didn't get the vaccine).

I wonder what age the govn't is requiring girls to get it? I mean, my 2 yr old daughter isn't going to have sex any time soon, does she really need it NOW? Hummm, I guess I haven't thought of any of these questions until just now. So glad your blog is making me think! Thanks for the post!