Friday, February 02, 2007

Sorry it's been so long

Sorry that it's been a week since I last posted. Here's a quick rundown of the last 7 days.
Friday - Nice weather for Park Day. We got a late start to the park due to a slow moving school day. Paul played with a boy I don't care for (kind of mean and doesn't do any playing, just walks around staying on the fringes (no it's not Mark - they don't come to the park anymore)), Giselle played with Rachel the whole time (Grace, Luke and Sam are still in OK), and I talked with my friends. After talking to Paul about keeping rocks on the ground I got jumped into by him and my nose got broken. Thanks to several doses of 200C Arnica there was no bruising or swelling but 1 week later it's still tender to touch. We left the park early to go to the well-checks at the Pediatrician. Giselle got her hearing and eyes checked - perfect hearing, 20/30 vision near and 20/40 vision far - and got her tetanus updated. My glasses aren't working as well as they used to so I think that we'll be searching for the eye dr coupons in the next Val-Pak that comes in the mail. Since Paul got all his shots in Feb, the Dr said that he's set until his tetanus comes due in 9 years. Ooh, I think that it's been 10 years for me (my last one was just before I got hit in the eye with the softball) so I guess I'll need one at my next checkup.
Saturday - We went to the Farmer's Market to pick up some cheese for us and bread for Gayla since we were on our way to visit them at The Farm. We spent the day there since it was our last chance to see them before they left for Costa Rica and it was about to be Teal's birthday. The weather was BEAUTIFUL - mid 60s and sunny but it sure was muddy. I brought the kids' boots and extra clothes (should have brought extra for me too) so that they could play in the gooey mud. The cows aren't giving milk since the lush pastures are too water-logged for them to graze in so there was no milk to be had but we got some eggs and an entire crate full of collards and a case of chard. The Yorkies are doing great and one of the girls seems to be pregnant, so there will be TINY PUPPIES in two months. Edgar & Gayla won't be back to the market until the beginning of March and our milk from them is almost all gone so we'll be stuck drinking the Central Market Organic Whole Milk for a month. Giselle didn't even get upset when we had to leave - it helped that I gave her 1 hour's advance warning before we left so that she could say goodbye to the dogs.
Sunday - Sunday School and that's about it for the day.
Monday - We did laundry ALL day long and never went grocery shopping.
Tuesday - We had a homeschool field trip to visit the radio station Mix 94.7 with a bunch of our friends - that was pretty fun but I think that they will enjoy the field trip to the TV station in March more. We did all of our shopping - groceries at Wheatsville, got the first 3 Little House books at Half-Price Books, did a return at Sams, got diapers (White Cloud for overnite use) and other stuff at WalMart, then on to HEB for the rest of the groceries. Giselle started singing one of the songs from the play that we went to last Thursday at The Dougherty Arts Theater, Marvelous Matriculation Musical. Our homeschool neighbors are in it and we got to see a dress rehearsal - it was so much fun!!
Wednesday - We went no where and did nothing other than play and school.
Thursday - We went no where but all morning we watched Discovery Health so that Giselle could watch babies being born. We did school in the afternoon since we were watching TV during our usual school time. I chopped and froze up the huge bundle of cilantro that I got from Edgar and I'll chop and freeze up the collards on Friday. The chard will have to wait until Saturday.
And that brings us to today, Friday - It's only going to be in the mid 40's and cloudy with 5 to 10 mph north winds so we are skipping the park. All of our friend are either sick with pink eye or are out of town - I'll be so glad when Marie gets back on Monday - so no playing at someone else's house or them coming over here. The homeschool family down the street has a school co-op that they go to on Fridays so they aren't available to play with either. It sounds like it's going to be an arts and crafts kind of day after I finally make my green juice for the day and we do school/dishes.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ouch! I'm so sorry to hear that! Did Paul really break your nose or were you just using that as a figure of speach? I only ask because I know two people that broke their noses last year (my uncle an my friend, Todd). Both had to undergo major reconstructive surgery to fix it. I've never broken my nose (thankfully), but when is your surgery scheduled?

Casa De Galletti said...

it wasn't a smash by a 200 lb guy, just a 40 lb guy. And it was straight on at the bridge of the nose - it was right at the point that the cartilage meets with the bone. No deviated septum or anything so no surgery, although for the first week I was highly suspicious of any sinus pain that came along. The area is still tender but it should be all better by the end of two weeks. I just need to remember to take the homeopathic for knitting bones.